A560 XL 5-Axis Cylinder Head Porting Machine
Extra large machining envelope and 120° of head tilt provide unmatched capabilities
The first new A560XL will be available by end of 2020, and others to follow in first quarter of 2021
Call John Cowher for details or a formalized quotation. 814-571-4955 (direct)
The new A560 XL: a revolution in cylinder head porting and machining. The A560 is offered in two sizes, regular (A560) and extra large (A560 XL).Whether you need to port long V12 or diesel cylinder heads, have a large production volume of heads to port, or have a specialty application requiring extreme angles, the CENTROID A560 XL is the only choice. Unique heavy duty ballscrew drive articulating 5th axis provides superior rigidity than the competition. The XL is bigger and heavier in every way, this enables the XL to handle big heads, steel heads, cast iron heads and serious production machining capabilities. Included in the A560 XL turn-key package is a starter tooling package, expert training, and outstanding customer service and support.
A560 XLTurnkey Package Includes:
- Patented 5-axis CNC machine
- M400 5-axis CNC control
- Mastercam 5 axis CNC software with Port Expert.
- 6 days personalized CNC porting training
- 2 days personalized CNC Block training.
- Digitizing probe & software
- Starter Tooling package
- Auto tool length setter
- Cylinder head fixture plate
- Tool holders
- MPG electronic handwheel
- Industry's best warranty & support
The A560 can port cylinder heads from a wide range of engine configurations: V12,V10, V8 heads, V6, Inline 6, 5 and 4 cylinders, Import, Motorcycle, Gas and Diesel engines. The CENTROID porting system overcomes limitations of other cnc porting machines with its unique and patented technology which provides better ports with seamless transitions.
Link to Photo Album.
The A560 has the capacity to CNC port long cylinder heads such as inline 6 cylinder gas and diesel heads. CENTROID has simplified the porting process, now you can digitize a head in the morning and be cutting perfect copies in the afternoon. The combination of accuracy, repeatability, training and support allows our customers to produce the most powerful race winnings heads on the market.
Patented Ballscrew Design
CENTROID's ballscrew drive articulating head was designed specifically for CNC Cylinder head porting. Made in the USA of rigid cast iron, the articulating head provides 60 degrees of tilt in each direction (120 degrees total) so the tool can cut even the most radical ports. The design of the A560 minimize tool motion for fast smooth cutting action. The unique ballscrew drive of the articulating head produces the smoothest 5 axis action on the market. The design also overcomes back lash and maintenance problems found with our competitors machines. Where others have tried CENTROID has succeeded with this ingenious robust design which produces fantastic ports.
Versatile CNC Machine
Multi use machine: Port Cylinder heads and intake manifolds, machine combustion chambers, engrave letters, numbers and symbols, add o-ring grooves and more. V12,V10,V8 heads, V6 and 4 cylinders,Diesel, Import and motorcycle engines. Machine Aluminum, Cast Iron, Steel, & Composites.
Perfect Port Matching!
No other machine matches the accuracy of the the CENTROID porting system. Our superior combustion chamber side to manifold side matching guarantees that your design is being machined right where it is supposed to be.
Digitize and cut on the same machine
The A560 also has the capability to digitize in five axes. So, there is no extra machine to buy or out-of-house digitizing expense. The A560 comes equipped with on-machine 5 axis automatic cylinder head port digitizing. Copy and cut a head in less than a day, start to finish.
More than just a porting machine!
With it's +/-60° of head-tilt and a generous work envelope, the A560 excels at machining complex and difficult to fixture parts... making it well suited to a variety of applications beyond cylinder head porting.
Integrated Automatic 5-axis Digitizing!
Digitize and Cut using the same machine and the same control software. No extra software to learn, no extra CMM machine necessary to digitize a head. The same setup menus used to cut are used to digitize. Real 5-axis Digitizing method is a CENTROID exclusive time saving feature that produces better results than the competition. No comparison to the 3 axis patch method the CENTROID 5-axis intake and exhaust port digitizing is fast and accurate. No other system can beat it!
Designed for Cylinder Head Digitizing
CENTROID's DP-7 probe and software is specifically designed for digitizing cylinder head intake, exhaust ports and combustion chambers. This patented probe has special features just for cylinder head copying. Simple for users to specify copy resolution for the most accurate and best results.
Automatic Head Setup
Not only is the probe used to copy your custom shapes, the same probe automatically sets the Head zero locations on the fixture. Quick, Accurate, Automatic part setup saves you time and makes setup simple.
Ultra accurate, stainless steel construction, advanced patented circuitry, interchangeable styli, Made in the USA
A560 XL Machine Specifications
|Table Size||25.5” x 66.9” (650mm x 1700mm)|
|Longitudinal travel (X)||60" (1525mm)|
|Cross travel (Y)||26.7" (680mm)|
|Vertical travel (Z)||37.7" (950mm)|
|Spindle center to column||30" (762mm)|
|Maximum table load||2425lbs (1100kg)|
|Spindle power||27 Hp / 20 kW
|Spindle taper||CAT 40 (BT40 optional)|
|Spindle speed||20,000 RPM
|Rapid feed rates (X,Y,Z)||1000 IPM XY, 865 ipm Z|
|ATC||24 Pocket Swing Arm Tool Changer|
|Guide ways||Heavy Duty Linear Guide ways X,Y(Twin),Z|
|Axis drive motors||2X,Y,B 2.9kW, Z 4.4kW, A 1.8kW AC Brushless|
|Coolant pump||75 PSI Max, up to 35 gal/min, 110 Gallon Capacity|
|Auto lubrication pump||2.5Amp 2 litre reservoir|
|Power requirement||50-60Hz, 208-240v, 3-Phase 100A|
|Air requirement||90-100 PSI (6.2-6.8 Bar)|
|Max. Height||119" (3023mm)|
- M400 CNC control, Touch screen, Windows 10 OS, Quad core processor, SSD,USB,Wifi, Remote Support Access via internet, software updatable
- +/- 60° (120° total) of head tilt, & machine geometry is so that cutter is center of rotation
- All new for 2020 Heavier Machine Frame, with increased X,Y,Z travels
- Full Enclosure w/ chip auger
- 27 Hp 3 phase 20,000 RPM spindle, quick change CAT 40 taper
- Laser calibrated for high accuracy
- Massive cast iron B-axis with patented ballscrew drive for ultimate accuracy and damping for smooth cutting action, no gears!
- Roller Cam rotary table in the A axis, provides longer life, less backlash, heavier duty construction providing maximum rigidity
- C5 double nut ballscrews, direct drive.
- Powerful AC servo motors on all axes, maximum torque and performance
- Near zero backlash on all axes.
- Heavy duty linear ways
- Arm type Automatic Tool Changer (aka ATC) holds up to 24 tools at the same time.
- Massive Meehanite Casting Stress relieved = smooth accurate cuts
- CENTROID Digitizing probe, copy 3D shapes, blue print blocks, finds locations, sets zeros
- Automatic tool length measurement
- Automatic part zero position
- Jog Handwheel (aka MPG)
- Spindle chiller, 100% duty cycle
- Auto Tool Coolant system with large coolant tank and high pressure
- 1000 psi CTS (coolant thru spindle) option
- Telescopic steel way covers
- Power Drawbar, finger tip changing of tools in manual mode
- Auto central lubrication system
- Disc type oil/coolant separator
- Safety glass front
* Please note specifications and features subject to change without notice
CNC Cylinder Head porting and CNC block blueprinting and machining on the same machine!
Cylinder Heads to Blocks,
Machine Cylinder Heads,
Make all kinds of parts!
Machine: Pistons, Manifolds, Covers, Impellers, Adapters, Spacers, Throttle Bodies, Injector rails, Connecting Rods, Bushings and more!
See the A560 in action!
Jeff Smith, Owner of Late Model Throttle talks about his A560 and his working relationship with Centroid at the PRI Tradeshow 2019.